- 21.12.2012Studio Upgrades. We recently upgraded Control Room B to Equator Audio Research monitors.
- 03.12.2012Steve Webb: FTM Internship. Steven Webb begins his FTM Career Focus internship at Precursor.
- 30.11.2012Dead Man Down: Dominic Cooper ADR. Precursor recorded ADR of actor Dominic Cooper for the film Dead Man Down, starring Colin Farrell & Noomi Rapace. The session was conducted remotely with director Niels Arden Oplev, whose credits include The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Swedish trilogy).
- 28.11.2012Relish Design: RRC Video Narration. Precursor produced a voiceover narration by Kaleigh Hamilton for a Red River College historical video. The video was produced by Relish design.
- 30.11.2012Lathe Music: Chris Stanton Voiceover. Precursor recorded voiceover of actor Chris Stanton in a remote session for Toronto studio Lathe Music.
- 04.10.2012Moses Mayes: New Album Mix & Master. Mixing begins on the new album from Moses Mayes. Circles, the first single, will be released in November 2012.
- 24.09.2012Vikings: Debut Album Mix & Master. Mixing begins on the debut Album from Vikings, to be released on Woven Records in Q1 2013.
- 31.08.2012100 Yen: World Premier at Pax Prime. Strata Studios' 100 Yen: The Japanese Arcade Experience premiered to a large auditorium of game enthusiasts at Pax Prime in Seattle. Andrew Yankiwski participated in a post-screening panel that ran almost as long as the documentary!.
- 24.08.2012100 Yen: Audio Post Production. Audio post production is now completed for 100 Yen: The Japanese Arcade Experience the new video game documentary by Strata Studios.
- 24.07.2012Malaz Adam: You Lost Me Single. Production, Mixing & Mastering is now completed for You Lost Me, the latest single from Malaz Adam, featuring Ndu.
- 24.07.2012The Lytics: They Told Me - Mix & Master. Mixing & Mastering is now completed for The Lytics' highly anticipated new album: They Told Me, due for release in October 2012.
- 30.06.2012Moz: Album Progress. The first 2 songs from the debut album by Moz were recorded, mixed & mastered at Precursor.
- 23.06.2012MEME Festival 2012 Workshops. The MEME Festival Workshops were a smashing success this year as over 30 registrants, 8 presenters & 4 event staff packed into Manitoba Music for the day to network & hone their Electronic Music Production skills.
- 01.06.2012J Juan & Nav G Mixtape. Precursor completed tracking vocals & mixing a 10 song mixtape for Hip Hop Artists J. Juan & Nav G.
- 25.05.2012Dairy Farmers of Manitoba: Location Audio. Precursor was on location at the MLCC Kitchen to record location audio for upcoming videos for Dairy Farmers of Manitoba produced by Strata Studios.
- 31.04.2012Danelle Cloutier ACI Mentorship. Danelle Cloutier completed a 6 month mentorship through ACI. We have hired Danelle as a contract assistant engineer for upcoming projects.
- 24.04.2012Woven Records - Phil Houseley Mastering. Andrew Yankiwski brings his mastering finesse to Phil Houseley's latest dancefloor banger Careless Whisper, released on Woven Records.
- 12.04.2012Viridians E.P. Mix & Master. Work has been completed on latest E.P. from Viridians, entitled: Again, Dangerous Visions. The album was mixed & mastered by Andrew Yankiwski, with Megan Graham as assistant engineer.
- 04.04.2012Training At CKXL. Precursor was on location at CKXL to train staff in radio spot creation techniques.
- 31.03.2012Megan Graham FTM Mentorship. Megan Graham completed a 2 month mentorship through Film Training Manitoba. We have hired Megan as a contract assistant engineer for upcoming projects.
- 16.12.2011Recent Projects. We recently completed recording & mixing for Ken Atherton's song What's Wrong & Natasha Kaminsky's song Strychnine, both featuring vocals by Flo.
- 19.12.2011Woven Records - Mastering. Precursor mastered music for label Woven Records, including releases by artists JPEG, FmSea & Beauchamp.
- 09.12.2011Voiceover for Edge Business Strategies. We provided voiceover for a project by Edge Business Strategies.
- 06.11.2011Michael Daingerfield's On The Mic Training. Precursor hosted top voice actor Michael Daingerfield's 2-day On The Mic Training workshop. Vancouver-based Daingerfield led participants through a series of exercises to hone their voiceover skills in narration & voice acting.
- 21.10.2011AIS Voiceover Projects. We produced voiceover for multiple online training modules by AIS Systems, focusing on Medicare & Medicaid billing in U.S. healthcare facilities.
- 13.10.2011Forensic Audio Services. Precursor provided forensic audio analysis & transcription services to law firm Killeen Rolston Wiebe.
- 22.09.2011Archer Voiceover Session. Precursor recorded the voice of Amber Nash (Pam) in a remote session for the hit animated T.V. show Archer: http://bit.ly/bIdnL0
- 22.09.2011NMM Demo Camp. New Media Manitoba invited Andrew Yankiwski & voice actor Ali Tataryn to demonstrate how Precursor created character voices for the game Salvation Prophecy. They presented alongside app developer Devin Reimer (Almost Logical) & game developer Alec Holowka (Infinite Ammo): http://bit.ly/pVHlAK
- 09.09.2011Propatingz Dubstep Seminar. Precursor hosted an Ableton Live Dubstep production seminar presented by Vancouver-based producer Propatingz, who played a killer set at Bass Invaders later that evening.
- 22.08.2011Urban Star. We hosted a week long video shoot for reality T.V. show Urban Star. The show features local producers Joe Silva, Coda, Famine, Megan Graham & Dave Rad. It will air on Shaw T.V. this fall: http://http://bit.ly/eSmnDx
- 01.08.2011Bio Economy Voiceover & Video. We recently completed voiceover & web video for a Bio Economy language trainer created by our client TLG.
- 31.07.2011Ceridian Podcasts. Precursor completed a remote session with Aylmer Recording, tracking podcasts for Ceridian Corporation.
- 18.07.2011Prelude to the Revolution. It's finished! Prelude to the Revolution, the powerful debut album from Lyrical Militant has been mixed, mastered & is ready for release.
- 11.06.2011French Dub: IDEAL Magic Show. Precursor created a French language dub for POOF-Slinky's IDEAL Magic Show DVD. This included transcription, translation, voice acting & synchronization.
- 31.05.2011Voiceover for Digital Picture Works. We recently completed our first project for Digital Picture Works, a voice acting session for Skillsoft and Johnson & Johnson.
- 25.04.2011MEME Festival 2011 Workshops. MEME 2011 workshop registration is now open. $25 for 2 days of pro audio training! Top producers show you their secrets: http://bit.ly/jp9uYl
- 25.04.2011iPad: Future of Music? Free Workshop. May 24th - iPad: The Future of Music? Presented by Precursor Productions at NMM with Manitoba Music. Register now: http://bit.ly/kErXmg
- 25.04.2011Openmedia.ca. We recently created voiceover for two videos for openmedia.ca produced by Handcraft Creative.
- 15.04.2011Salvation Prophecy. Precursor is very excited to announce that we have completed our first video game project. We created character voices for Salvation Prophecy, the ambitious upcoming title by Firedance Games: http://www.salvationprophecy.com
- 08.04.2011Film Training Manitoba Mentorship Program. Precursor is pleased to welcome Steve Hunnie to the Precursor team as our FTM mentee.
- 06.04.2011CHRC Digital Technologies Consultation. Andrew Yankiwski participated in the CHRC's Impact of Emerging Digital Technologies Music & Digital Media consulation. The session brought together professionals in music & digital to discuss a national strategy for developing Canada's cultural resources in a shifting landscape of emergent technologies.
- 31.03.2011Adjudication: Alberta Film & Television Awards. Andrew Yankiwski was pleased to be a judge again this year in the Best Sound categories for the Alberta Film & Television Rosie Awards.
- 15.02.2011A Better Home Video Shoot. Precursor hosted a video shoot for A Better Home. This video will be used to promote A Better Home, a benefit album for the Canadian Centre for Refugee Employment, featuring Exile.z
- 15.02.2011Level 1 Course Updated & Expanded. Our intomusic.ca Level 1 course has been updated & expanded to take advantage of the latest software developments & our new computer lab. This includes new, improved presentations, a completely new course manual & better in-class examples.
- 15.02.2011TEDx Manitoba. Andrew Yankiwski attended TEDx Manitoba, a 1-day, locally organized TED-like event held at the Park Theatre in Winnipeg. This event featured fascinating talks from both local & internation speakers, as well as an opportunity to network with the 100 attendees selected by the TEDx committee.
- 31.12.2010Recently Completed Projects. Over the holidays Precursor completed audio production projects for Scootaround, TLG, Exile.z, Consuasive & audio post production for the Rafuse film company.
- 03.11.2010AES. Andrew Yankiwski was in San Francisco to attend AES, a 5-day international conference that draws top professionals from all aspects of pro audio around the globe.
- 01.11.2010Game Sound Con. Andrew Yankiwski was in San Francisco to attend Game Sound Con, a 2-day conference at Pyramind Studios entirely dedicated to all aspects of pro audio for video games.
- 20.10.2010FREE EVENT: A Culture of Change. October 28 @ 7 p.m. "A Culture of Change" is an event that will empower you to find your place in the MUSIC, FILM and DIGITAL MEDIA industry of the next 10 years. We will also be giving away hundreds of dollars in prizes, so you don't want to miss this event!
- 15.10.2010New Computer Lab. We have just finished installing our new computer lab, which consists of iMacs with Novation Nocturn keyboards. Students in all course levels will now be able to work in their choice of either OSX or Windows 7, & take full advantage of the power of Novation's Automap to control virtual instruments & effects.
- 01.09.2010FREE SEMINAR: Reason 5 & Record 1.5. September 9th @ 7 p.m. Reason 5 is the most recent and significant update to one of the most powerful and easy-to-use software studios. This FREE SEMINAR will demo all of Reason 5's amazing new features as well as new additions to its companion release - Record 1.5. We will also be giving away prizes, so this is one seminar that you will not want to miss!
- 01.09.2010Recently Completed Projects. Over the summer Precursor completed audio production projects for Phantohms, Abstract Artform, Lyrical Militant, Moz, Chadd Cawson, Floating Lounge Entertainment, AIS & an interactive media project for CIER.
- 01.09.2010Industry Participation. Precursor was an industry sponsor for the Gimli Film Festival in July & also delivered a digital audio post-production workshop. Andrew Yankiwski took part in New Media Manitoba's Digital Economy Strategy session and was a judge for the Western Canada Music Awards.
- 01.09.2010Film Training Manitoba Internship Program. Precursor is pleased to welcome Brent Freedman to the Precursor team as our FTM intern.
- 01.06.2010Next Logic 101 Course at New Media Manitoba. Andrew Yankiwski will be teaching the next Logic 101 course from July 13th - 15th at New Media Manitoba. Become an Apple Logic Pro certified user! Visit New Media Manitoba at http://bit.ly/aekRlS for more information & to register.
- 01.06.2010Gimli Film Festival Workshops. Precursor will be delivering an audio post production workshop at Gimli Film Festival. The workshop is titled Digital Audio Post - The Easiest Way to Make Your Film 100% Better! It runs from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. on Friday, July 23rd. Visit gimlifilm.com for more info & to register.
- 01.06.2010MEME Festival Workshops. Andrew Yankiwski and Luis Cardona successfully delivered the MEME festival workshops on June 18th & 19th at Manitoba Music. The workshops were a great success with 15 participants taking part over the course of the weekend.
- 01.05.2010Corporate Projects. Precursor recently completed corporate digital media projects for AIS, TLG & CIER. This included narration, voice acting, sound design & synchronization for interactive online learning.
- 01.05.2010Music Projects. Precursor recently completed mixing & mastering Alarm at the Biltmore's new EP which was released on May 1, 2010. Mixing & mastering was also completed on Brook Monkman's song Windego. Album production recently began on Steve Hunnie's Phantohms project, which is slated for release in the fall of 2010.
- 01.05.2010Manitoba Music Internship. Precursor is pleased to have been selected for Manitoba Music's internship program. We are excited to participate in the program & take-on an intern.
- 08.04.2010Phantohms Album Production Begins. Album production, mixing and mastering begins on the debut album from Phantohms, a dub project by Steve Hunnie featuring numerous collaborators.
- 22.03.2010 CIER Voiceover Project Begins. Voiceover work has begun on Implementing Adaptive Capacity - T'Sou-ke First Nation. This project is an innovative webinar by the Centre For Indigenous Environmental Resources. It combines images, text, interviews and narration.
- 17.03.2010First Logic 101 Course Taught at New Media Manitoba. Andrew Yankiwski recently taught the province's first Logic 101 course at New Media Manitoba. This course is prepares students for Apple Logic Pro user certification. It is one of the few courses of its type in Canada.
- 12.03.2010TLG Map Project Completed. We recently completed the MAP voiceover project for the Technologies for Learning Group. The MAP project is a series of online modules developed by TLG to teach international trade practices to Canadian business people.
- 10.03.2010Andrew Yankiwski Earns Apple Logic Pro Trainer Certification.Andrew Yankiwski returned from Apple Computer in Cupertino this week. While in California, he participated in a Logic Pro T3 session and earned his Apple Logic Pro Trainer certification .
- 15.10.2009Studio Upgrades. We recently added a MacBook Pro workstation equipped with Logic Pro 9. This will facilitate greater compatibility with clients who are using the Logic Studio production platform.
Our professional recording studio and audio post production facility is fully equipped for production, recording, mixing and mastering, Voiceover, ADR/FOLEY and...
Precursor Productions is a cutting edge, 21st century Winnipeg Recording Studio and Audio Post Production facility guided by a strong philosophy...
Phone or Email us for details on how we can help with your next Music, Film/TV, Video Game or Digital Media project...
Learn to produce music professionally at intomusic.ca